Thursday, January 5, 2012

Chew Stixx and Chewy Tubes

All three of my children have oral sensory issues. My six year old daughter likes to bite all of her nails, eat toilet paper, tissues, tissue paper and string, she chews on her clothes and she sucks on her fingers. My four year old son sucks his thumb or chews on toys and my three year old son puts just about anything in his mouth, including his arm. When my two boys were in First Steps of Missouri, their Occupational Therapist recommended Chew Stixx and Chewy Tubes. These are chew toys made by The Sensory University. They come in many different shapes, colors and even flavors! I highly recommend them all! First you need to take a close look at your child's oral sensory needs. After you have assessed the situation, take a look at the different chew toys on the website to find which one would work best for you. My youngest really likes the "T" shaped Chewy Tubes and they really hold up. He keeps his with him 24/7 and it is almost always in his mouth, so when I say "they really hold up", I mean it! My daughter loves the flavored Chew Stixx (which help keep the cost of toilet paper down in my house...) and my middle son is happy with any of them! These products are great because they provide a safe alternative to chewing on themselves, clothes, toys, their homework.... pretty much anything else they can fit in their mouths! Each toy is  textured in different ways, which helps get them used to different textured foods and they make great hand fidgets! These are also FDA approved which makes me, as a mother, feel good and safe about giving them to my children. I have included a link to their website so please make sure to check them out!

http://www.sensoryuniversity.com/


No comments:

Post a Comment